There are no items in your basket.
Please note that delivery of physical items is currently only available within the United Kingdom and to selected European countries. We are also currently only able to offer ebooks for purchase within the United Kingdom.
More information about postage and ebooks can be found in the FAQs.
Free UK delivery is currently available on all orders placed at randomhouse.co.uk as long as the products ordered can be delivered together and have a value of £10 (not including ebooks) or above.
Print on demand titles and pre-publication titles will always be shipped separately.
Delivery charges are in UK pounds sterling (£) and inclusive of VAT. Delivery of items below £10 is as follows: First class - £2.75 for the first item, then 60p per additional item.
We currently deliver to the non-UK countries listed below. Delivery costs will be charged at £4.99 for the first item and £0.99 for each additional item.
- Åland Islands
- Bosnia And Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Holy See (vatican City State)
- Ireland, Republic of
- Isle of Man
- Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
- Moldova, Republic Of
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Serbia and Montenegro
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
When will my order be dispatched?
On the website we give an estimate of the dispatch time both on the product pages and throughout the shopping basket. Most items can be dispatched within 1-2 working days from the date at which you place your order.
If your title is a pre-order title, publication date has not yet passed, or a title being reprinted the estimated dispatch time shown on the product pages and in the basket will reflect that.
When items are ready to leave our warehouse you will receive an email advising you that your books are being dispatched. You can see the status of your orders in the 'My Account' section of the site.
Step by Step guide to purchasing an ebook on randomhouse.co.uk
In order to view your ebook you will need to download and register Adobe Digital Editions which can be downloaded for free from here. Adobe Digital Editions is actively working on supporting other platforms and devices. Further information can be found on their website.
What are the system requirements for this software?
Windows Vista, XP, and 2000 and Mac OSX 10.4 are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions and Adobe Reader. Internet Explorer 6 , Mozilla Firefox 2 , Safari2 are all compatible.
For more information, check the advice here.
How do I purchase an ebook on randomhouse.co.uk
- Browse randomhouse.co.uk
- Once you have found your ebook(s), click on ‘Buy now’ from the product page.
- To purchase the ebook from randomhouse.co.uk click on the 'Add to basket' button from the Buying options pop-up.
- Add further titles to your basket and continue through the checkout process.
- The availability message for any ebook will state: ‘Available for immediate download.’
- ‘Free P&P to any UK address on orders over £25’ will not include ebooks.
- If you are only purchasing ebooks, after logging in or registering, you will be taken to the invoice address page, leaving out the delivery address page. This is because delivery address is not required. However, if you are purchasing physical books, too, the delivery page will be displayed.
- Once your payment has been accepted (usually in a matter of seconds), a page will be displayed with your confirmed purchase and order number.
- If you are based outside the UK, your order will not be accepted and a message will be displayed stating this.
- This is your receipt and you can print this page for your records.
- You will receive an ‘order receipt’ email which will detail your purchase along with details of delivery. If you are purchasing solely ebooks, please ignore the delivery details.
- You will receive a second email – ‘order dispatch’ which will confirm your ebook order and give instructions on how to download your ebook.
- Navigate to the ‘My Account’ section on the randomhouse.co.uk website and click on ‘My ebooks’.
- If you have not already installed Adobe Digital Editions, you will be prompted to do so. Please ensure you create an Adobe Digital Editions account.
- Once installed, you will now see your list of ebooks, which you can click to download.
- If you are using a dedicated ebook device the files will need to be downloaded and then manually moved to your device.
- Once you have finished downloading your ebook, if you have more ebooks to download continue clicking on each download link.
- You can download each ebook three times maximum.
If you experience problems downloading your ebook, please contact customer services by logging in to your account and click on ‘view details’ for the order in question and then ‘Make an enquiry about this order.’
If you experience problems downloading or opening of the ebook reader software please contact Adobe Digital Editions here.
We regret that we can only accept orders within the UK.