Man Booker 2012 prize longlist
Two Random House Group titles have made the 2012 Man Booker Prize longlist: Philida by André Brink (Harvill Secker) and The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (Doubleday).
The other 10 longlisted titles are:
- The Yips by Nicola Barker (Fourth Estate)
- The Teleportation Accident by Ned Beauman (Sceptre)
- The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng (Myrmidon Books)
- Skios by Michael Frayn (Faber & Faber)
- Swimming Home by Deborah Levy (And Other Stories)
- Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel (Fourth Estate)
- The Lighthouse by Alison Moore (Salt)
- Umbrella by Will Self (Bloomsbury)
- Narcopolis by Jeet Thayil (Faber & Faber)
- Communion Town by Sam Thompson (Fourth Estate)
The judges this year are academic and literary critic Dinah Birch; historian, writer and broadcaster Amanda Foreman; actor Dan Stevens, and academic, writer and reviewer Bharat Tandon. Sir Peter Stothard, editor of the Times Literary Supplement, chairs the panel.
The shortlist will be announced on 11th September, with the winner to be revealed at a ceremony at London's Guildhall on 16th October.