Primrose Bakery App
About Primrose Bakery
Primrose Bakery is London’s original and best-loved cupcake shop. The boutique neighbourhood bakery, in fashionable Primrose Hill, has a very loyal fanbase:
‘I defy anyone to find a better cupcake’ Jude Law
‘Amazing cakes and gorgeous surroundings that our whole family loves’ Jools Oliver
‘Utterly enchanting’ Nigella Lawson
‘The best cakes in the world’ David Walliams
About the App
Now Primrose Bakery brings you 70 exclusive recipes for cupcakes and more in a gorgeous bespoke App.
There are chapters on Cupcakes, Layer Cakes, Biscuits, Loaves and Slices, and Icings. Each recipe has easy step-by-step instructions, beautiful photography, and delivers perfect results. With notes for the cook, tips on decorating, and videos on how to do perfect icing, you can improve your baking skills too.
You can save favourite recipes and share them with friends via Facebook and Twitter. You can create a shopping list and add extra ingredients of your own. You can search recipes by season, occasion, flavour and difficulty, as well as by ingredient.
Best of all, it has a unique new feature called Touch-Free. Literally a magic wand – just wave your hand above the screen to jump from step to step. You never need worry about smudging your handset again.
Welcome to the delectable world of Primrose Bakery.
- 70 recipes across 5 baking categories
- Each recipe has easy-to-follow steps and a photograph
- Notes for chefs, tips for better baking, and how-to videos
- Save favourite recipes and share them with friends
- Build a shopping list and add extra ingredients
- Scroll through the inspirational photo gallery
- Search for favourite recipes or let the App inspire you with ideas for different seasons, occasions, flavour or skill level
- No danger of dirtying the screen thanks to the unique touch-free option
- iOS 5 compatible
Where you see an animated rotation symbol on the screen, tilt your phone to landscape to view the scrolling photo gallery of inspiring images; or to begin cooking mode when you’re on the Steps screen.
You can also download the slideshow as PDF
Notes on Metric to Imperial Conversion
We have created a helpful metric to imperial conversion chart for US customers, which is available to download.
And if you're unsure what castor sugar is or where to find mincemeat, the chart also includes a helpful list for any ingredient that may have an different name or is more difficult to find.
Notes on Touch-Free
- Touch-free mode is only available on 4th generation iOS devices and above
- Ensure your environment is well lit
- Choose the recipe you'd like to follow
- Choose ‘Steps’ and rotate the phone to landscape to start cooking
- Place device on a flat surface and tap the touch-free icon to grey
- Wave slowly from right to left to navigate
- Wave hand 15cm above the device and camera lens for best results
- To switch off tap the touch-free icon to blue
To leave feedback or to report a bug please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Primrose Bakery Book, published on Sep 29th, is available here.
High Resolution Images