About the book
In his typically friendly and clear style, the ever-popular Dr Chris Green, with Dr Kit Chee, explains the treatments and causes of Attention Deficit Disorder, a condition that affects the learning and behaviour of up to 1 in 10 children in this country.
Aimed at parents, teachers and health professionals, this book dispels the myths about ADHD and gives a clear overview of the condition: the causes, the behaviours and the treatments.
Full of well-tried, practical strategies to help with common problems such as inattention, underachievement and impulsiveness, the book covers:
- The causes, how to help improve behaviour at home and at school
- Making the diagnosis, medication and alternative therapies
- Hints to help reading, writing and language
- Ways to boost self-esteem
- ADHD in adults
- The latest research and where to go for further help
Understanding ADHD offers invaluable guidance to help parents work with teachers and health professionals to give their child the best possible chance of entering adulthood with self-confidence, life skills and secure family relationships.